Victoria General Hospital Ornament
This product is sold out
When the Victoria General Hospital opened in June of 1948, it was the most modern hospital in Canada. On Tower Road in Halifax, the "VG" (as it is locally known) was the tertiary care centre for the Atlantic Provinces until it merged with several other Halifax hospitals in 1996 to form the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre.
This pewter ornament pays tribute to the teaching hospital which offers practical training to Dalhousie University medical and nursing students.