St. Andrew's Church - Rexton NB Ornament
One can't help but think of the captains and crews, sailing home from months at sea, first seeing the spire of Saint Andrew's appear as they sailed up the river. There must have been joy in their hearts at the anticipation of reuniting with loved ones and friends.
Saint Andrew's Church, in Rexton, is a landmark to the whole community and a recognized Canadian historic site. However, to the many who have celebrated both in the Church and in the associated hall, it is more than a place of worship and celebration. For over 100 years the countless services, weddings, christenings, funerals, social events and suppers there have provided a community for many.
For almost 200 years, a church has stood on the site where the present church was built in 1858; hopefully, with the recent restoration, it will stand for many years to come.